Regular exercise is a key ingredient for maintaining a healthy body and mind, but even the best workouts can potentially wreak havoc on your skin. Heat, sweat, and chafing from gym clothes can irritate the skin or worsen certain skin conditions. Frequent post-workout showers can also break down the skin barrier, causing a moisture imbalance that leaves your skin dry and dull-looking. But maintaining a healthy, daily skin care regimen – especially post-workout – will keep your skin looking vibrant and beautiful!
Epionce® has a great line of products to keep your skin fresh and clean even after the toughest workouts. These products help to:
- Kill acne-triggering microbes on the surface of the skin
- Cleanse skin of pore-clogging oil, dirt, and sweat
- Improve optimal skin function
- Restore hydration and moisture lost during exercise
- Calm factors that lead to inflammation
Renewal Facial Products from Epionce®
Epionce®’s line of Renewal Facial Products – such as their Intensive Nourishing Cream – contain Hyaluronic Acid (Sodium Hyaluronate), which helps skin retain moisture lost during a workout. Their non-comedogenic formulas hydrate and repair the skin barrier, while key botanicals calm inflammation and reduce skin redness.
Renewal Enriched Body Lotion from Epionce®
This lotion is specifically formulated to restore moisture and repair the skin barrier, especially after frequent bathing or showering. Its anti-inflammatory ingredients help calm redness in the skin, and its renewal technology calms dry skin and improves visible firmness.
Other Helpful Practices to Keep Your Skin Workout Ready
- Use a daily cleanser – Cleanse your face immediately after exercise to remove any bacteria that has built up in your pores. Avoid cleansers that contain sodium lauryl or laureth sulfate, as they can cause overly dry skin. SkinCeuticals® Gentle Cleanser has a non-irritating formula that is perfect for removing impurities without drying the skin.
- Prevent breakouts with a toner – Using a toner—especially during the summer—helps clean your pores and prevent breakouts. Further protect your summer skin with a quality sunscreen: SkinMedica® has a variety of lightweight sunscreens, formulated for each skin type and designed for everyday use.
For a personalized skin care regimen, call and schedule an appointment with a Skin Smart aesthetician today: 215-348-7335.